Monday, August 11, 2014

Prompt #10


I read Chapter 9 on Mathematics. I would integrate technology into math class in ways to make math more visual. By using graphing calculators or online programs, we can visualize what the math means through shapes, graphs, or representations, making it much easier to actually comprehend the meaning of the math. Additionally, in younger grades I would also use online math games to make the kids more interested in math. There are an abundance of games and fun ways to learn basic math online. With younger kids with potentially short attention spans, but large interests in digital games, I think that would best engage them in math. For older students, I think technology could best be used in math by introducing a flipped-classroom setting like I discussed in an earlier post. I think math is the best subject for that because it gives students a chance to work through difficult problems in class with guidance from the teacher and more one-on-one help. I think blogs are a good tool too, because it seems like math is a subject that is lacking in peer discussion. Blogs would help students branch out in their discussions. Lastly, to engage older students in learning math, I agree with the video that it is important to make math seem meaningful. I think using technology with math would help to show that math is still relevant in the digital world.

No comments:

Post a Comment