Sunday, August 3, 2014

Prompt #4


I think the technology we choose to utilize in the classroom in order to fulfill the six standards needs to be comprised of programs and devices that most effectively accomplish the goals, but also are relevant and popular in the real world. I believe the first two standards are the most lacking in today's schools. Schools put a huge focus on memorizing an abundance of facts. Yet the standards require creativity and group collaboration. I would use technology such as blogs, online discussions, or presentations to make sure students are not just uselessly memorizing information, but rather working together to dig deeper and create their own good ideas. I thought the first link under the second standard had great lesson plans to better fulfill the standard. While all standards are important, I think the next two are the most crucial. In this time period, adults are successful if they can find out information online and solve problems with it. So, we should be teaching students how to use the technology they have to do that. Since I'm going to be an elementary teacher, I liked reading about the lesson plan for teaching kids to tell time, because it showed how the standards applied to younger kids as well. I think the last two standards can best be fulfilled simply by focusing on the other four. By using technology in any way, teachers can enforce how to use it safely and correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment