Thursday, August 7, 2014

Prompt #6


Throughout my life, I have seen technology grow in the classroom and even more so in society itself. To sum it up, technology has changed from being just another tool, to the center of every-day life. When I was younger almost everyone had TVs and computers but they weren't used in nearly as many ways as today, so they weren't viewed as essential. I think the biggest change in my lifetime was the rise of cell phones and the increase in their capabilities. Technology has evolved to become much more interactive as well. Before, watching programs or getting information online were common uses. But now there are many more opportunities to communicate with others, share your own ideas, and create your own works. It has changed in the classroom in similar ways, but in unique ways too. One video in Chapter 3 told that in the past, classroom technology was centered around presentation of information. Now it revolves around access to information. In my own life, I've definitely seen this change. When I was younger, I watched movies and paid attention to the overhead. Technology used to be the most common in younger grades in the forms of educational programs. Currently, it seems to me like the most technology is used in high school and college and is indeed much more based on research and learning new ways to get to information.

No comments:

Post a Comment